Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Welcome!

As Marie Antoinette said, "let them eat cake!" I've made it my mission to carry that out. Welcome to my cake blog, which I hope will be a good introduction of my work to you.


After becoming addicted to the Food Network, planning my wedding, and taking a cake decorating class for fun, I decided that cake decorating is fun- so much fun that I want to do more it more often. I love the fact that I can help others with their special events while finding a creative outlet.


I am based in Shelby, NC and currently run a small operation. All posts following will be the cakes I have decorated. If you are in the area and want a cake, please feel free to contact me by leaving a comment or e-mailing laurenmgivens@gmail.com.

Some background information:


All cakes are homemade by me, so you are automatically buying a gift made with a lot more personalization and care than a frozen, factory made cake from a supermarket bakery.


I am willing to travel, so if you are not right in the Shelby area, that is OK!

I will make just about any flavor cake you want, but some that I make include:
  • Yellow Butter Cake

  • White Butter Cake

  • Chocolate

  • Devils Food

  • White Chocolate Cake

  • Red Velvet

If you don't see the cake of your choice on the list, don't worry! I will work with you to create the cake you want.

Currently I do not have a price list but a quote can be worked up after we establish what you want.


No comments: